With another heatwave around the corner I’ve got a couple more natural sunscreen reviews for you. My old favourite Badger and their zinc oxide SPF 15 Unscented Sunscreen Cream and new fave Hurraw! SPF 15 Sun Balm.
Hurraw! SPF 15 Sun Balm
Using non-nano zinc oxide to achieve SPF 15, this tangerine and chamomile lip balm is as effective as it is delicious. All natural (mainly organic and cold-pressed oils), this little gem will keep your pout protected from UVA and UVB rays all summer long. Hurraw! also pride themselves on being vegan friendly (no beeswax). And, despite the premium ingredients, it comes in at under a fiver. Hurraw indeed.
Badger SPF 15 Unscented Sunscreen Cream
I’m a big fan of Badger’s ultra clean approach to natural beauty products, and sunscreen in particular. This natural sunscreen is rich (definitely a cream rather than a lotion) but it rubs in brilliantly and I’m always 100% confident in the protection it gives. I use their SPF 30 on my toddler but I find it a bit white on the skin, whilst this one goes on totally clear. Again, the active ingredient is non-nano zinc oxide and there’s a really comprehensive section on this on their website, if you’re interested in finding out more:
Natural credentials: All natural ingredients combined with non-nano zinc oxide, a mineral that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Both products contain a high proportion of organic ingredients.
Available from: UK stockists vary so I recommend putting the product name + UK stockists into Google. If you buy direct from the US you may incur customs charges. I bought mine from the companies below:
- Badger SPF 15 Unscented Sunscreen Cream at Health Junction, £14.23 for 87ml
- Hurraw! SPF 15 Sun Balm at Naturisimo, £4.50 (I often order from Naturisimo. They have a great selection of natural and organic beauty brands, especially British ones, and you can buy up to five samples with every order.)
- What is non-nano zinc oxide?
- More natural sunscreen reviews on Joli Naturellement
- Zinc oxide sunscreen and nanoparticles